Monday, November 1, 2010

The Last Zoo Post

This is my final blog post about our trip to the zoo. Almost two months after the trip, I am finally done writing about it. Hopefully it won’t be my final post about the zoo ever, because I want to go back soon!
Today’s post will be all the remaining random pictures that didn’t fit into any of the specifically themed post I did before. These were taken all over the zoo, not from any one exhibit.
I’ll begin with one of my favorite animals, other than the Giraffe and Okapi. Smile
Zoo 070
This is probably another animal that you most likely don’t know anything about. It’s called a bongo. Just like the drum. Though, I would not recommend rhythmically pounding on this bongo, or he’d probably respond by rhythmically pounding on you. Smile with tongue out
The bongo is a type of antelope. It is notable in the fact the both male and female bongos have horns. I love their coats. Usually a bright reddish orange, though with age it becomes more and more brown.
Zoo 033
Doesn’t this salad look delicious?
Zoo 035
In the same building as the butterfly conservatory there is another room with spiders. I do not recommend visiting this exhibit if you are the least bit arachnophobia. Like the butterflies in the butterfly pavilion, the spiders are loose, and their webs are all over the place.
Zoo 071Zoo 098
These little squirrels are all over the zoo, and if you are careful they’ll let you get pretty close to them.
Zoo 114
I don’t know what this plant is, but I thought it was really cool.
Zoo 067
I’m not usually a huge pig fan, but I do like Red River Hogs. They are very unique compared to other pigs, with their bright red hair.
Zoo 122
I think this guy was going to try to sell us some car insurance…
Zoo 123
I think this is a type of lemur, but I can’t say for sure what kind right off the top of my head.
Zoo 130
I thought these purple starfish were really cool. Usually you only see pink/peach colored starfish, so I really like seeing these.
Zoo 131
I really liked this picture. I just wish that kid hadn’t been in my way.
Zoo 132
I love the jelly fish. They look so alien and otherworldly.
Zoo 133
“I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy.”
Zoo 134
Fish are cool. Especially fish from coral reefs. They are so colorful.
Zoo 135
Stingrays are such a unique fish. I love watching them.
Zoo 137
A few years ago no one other than fish fanatics knew what a blue tang was. Today… well, most probably still don’t know. Now every blue tang is Dory.
Zoo 138
My favorite fish of all time, the seahorse.
Zoo 145
It took me forever before I could get a halfway decent shot of one of these. None of them would stay in one place long enough to get a good picture.
Zoo 147Zoo 140
This is one of the little-known relative of the seahorse called a Weedy Sea Dragon.
Zoo 150
A gibbon. He looks so relaxed up there. Smile
Zoo 151
This porcupine was huge! I had no idea they could get that big.
Zoo 153Zoo 154
Tapirs are another of my favorite animals.
Zoo 171
They’re like pig-elephants, but even cuter. Especially when they’re babies. Smile
Zoo 156
I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this monkey. She had a newborn baby attached to her at all times. They were so cute. Smile
Zoo 159Zoo 160
A Cottontop Tamarin. It has an incredibly long tail!
Zoo 162
My, what a strange creature was in this display!
Zoo 166Zoo 167
A golden lion tamarin, or golden marmoset. I want one for a pet. Smile
Zoo 168Zoo 170
This sloth was so cute. Smile
Zoo 186
Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock…
Zoo 173
The End.


Sorry. It just had to be said. Smile with tongue out

No comments:

Post a Comment