Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Owl City = Depression Therapy

Psychiatrists everywhere should abandon the use of prescription drugs to treat there severe depression cases, and just prescribe round-the-clock 24/7 use of music by Adam Young.

Even on my lowest day, if I think about it, and turn on an Owl City song, It NEVER fails to lift my spirits. If music were drugs, I'd be addicted to Owl City. :D

This August Adam is releasing a new album, and I can't wait. To tide fans over he's been releasing singles. I haven't bought any because I'm trying to be patient and wait for the whole album, but it is hard. :)

I think that until today, my favorite of his pre-release songs was Shooting Star. Some people have accused it of being too "Pop", but I love it just the same. :) I may be waiting for the album, but thanks to YouTube I can still watch his lyric videos. :)



Today he just released a collaboration with Carly Rae Jepsen, and it instantly became my new favorite. It was what inspired the thought of treating depression with Owl City music. This song just brought the biggest grin to my face and I couldn't stop smiling. :) I almost feel like buying the single so I can just put it on repeat and stay this happy all the time, but I must learn patience. August will be here before I know it. Until then, I have the lyric video. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment