Monday, July 31, 2017

This Month in Internet (July 2017)


So the Photobucket crisis is behind me now. I still haven't updated a lot of my old posts, but I did update my previous TMI post. I went into the HTML, took out the code for the broken Photobucket links, and then uploaded the logo to that post. Then I copied the resulting code from that, and pasted it into this post. So if you see a logo above, then you'll know it worked, and that's probably what I'll do from now on.

On to the main article! These are my favorite videos from all around the internet from the month of July! Enjoy!

So let's start out this post with some music from my current favorite cartoon, Steven Universe. I have two videos here, the first is the creator of the show, Rebecca Sugar, singing one of the songs she wrote for it.



And the second is a mashup of the music done in 8-bit style by an artist I'd never heard of until this video came up in my recommendations, Joe Jeremiah. I took one listen and subscribed immediately.



Steven Universe has some amazing music, I've been saying for quite some time that I want to do a post of just Steven Universe covers, and I still plan to. Maybe I'll do that this month...

Caleb Hyles is back with a new cover, (with Jonathan Young and Adrisaurus) and while I have never played the game that the song is from, I really liked this song.



A few years ago, when Vine was still a thing, I came across an account by someone called Katie Ryan, the account had hardly anything by her, it was mostly just short clips of her daughter Ava  being hilarious. Vine is now gone, but Ava is not. She has only gotten funnier, and now that she's old enough she's writing her own characters, and she is just absolutely hilarious. If I hadn't been following her for years, I would not believe that someone this young could be so naturally funny without being told what to say.



If you want to see more of her, they compiled all of her old vines, so if you have a half an hour, you can just watch this video HERE. I highly recommend it if you need something to make you laugh. :) Also, just in case you need proof of her natural hilariousness, here's an interview she did with people magazine a few days ago.



Side note: "It's frickin' bats" has been stuck in my head for like three weeks, and it's now one of my all time favorite quotes. :p

Next up, Lindsey Stirling did a video with Kurt Hugo Schneider! I had literally just been thinking to myself just a couple days before they released this, 'I wonder why Lindsey and KHS haven't teamed up to do anything recently, they really should!' And like two days later, Boom! This came out! I think I'm like psychic or something. :p



And of course, KHS is a very prolific artist, so the video with Lindsey was far from the only one this month, he also did this video with someone I'd never heard of before, Lara Somogyi, but I loved her! She plays the harp! Like, no one does that anymore!



Now, before you go on to the next video, I must warn you, it is very weird. If you remember the few other videos I've posted with Poppy, you know that what is coming isn't normal, but I love things that aren't normal, so I loved this. :p And this song is just so weirdly catchy, it just gets stuck in your head. I'm just giving you fair warning in case you decide to proceed. :p



Mike Tompkins is back with another amazing cover!



And Pogo is back with another amazing original song! This doesn't have a video to go with it, but I LOVED the song so much, I just had to include it. :p



And finally, Simply Three released an EAR-MELTINGLY AWESOME cover of Eurythmics Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment