Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Music is Back!

As you recall I took the music off my blog awhile ago. But now it is back! I’ve got it set so that it won’t play unless someone wants it to. I don’t have the same playlist as before, but it’s a lot of the same songs, a bunch of Owl City of course, some Celtic Woman, plus I added a song I just discovered by Taylor Swift.
I took out all of the silly songs, except for one. I left the Fast Food song. That one just cracks me up too much. Smile It’s both a great workout song, and a terrible one. It’s great for the fact that it has a good beat that just makes you want to move, but it’s terrible for the fact that it glorifies, “A Pizza Hut, a Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut, McDonalds, McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut.” Open-mouthed smile Great. Now I’ve just gotten it stuck in my head. Smile with tongue out
I will probably add to and change the playlist in the future, and I’ll post any time I make a significant change.
I had never heard anything by Taylor Swift before. I’d heard her name, but that’s it. Since I don’t listen to much of today’s “Popular” music, aside from Owl City of course, Smile I just kind of figured she was one of those sexed up rockers like Lady Gaga, or some other undesirable degenerate. Then on Valentine’s Day, Adam Young posted a link on Owl City’s facebook page. It contained a song to Taylor Swift. It basically sounded like he was professing his love to her. I decided to look into her a little more, because Adam Young is a professing Christian, and from what I know about him, he would not be writing a love song to someone in the Lady Gaga crowd. I found out she is not anything like Lady Gaga, she's mainly a country singer, who is branching into pop music, and unlike most pop or rock stars of today, she is very down to earth, she writes all her own songs, and does not use sex to sell her albums. It turns out the song Adam posted was not a song he wrote, but a song she wrote. It was on her album, with a hidden message in the booklet, that led him to believe that the song was written about the time they met. So he sang the song again as a reply to her, adding her name to it, and changing the line, “I was enchanted to meet you” to “I was enchanted to meet you, too.” I now love the song, both versions are great, but of course I like Owl City’s much better. Smile The original version is the song in my playlist, and I will link to Owl City’s version of the song if anyone wants to hear it.
http://owlcitymusic.com/vday/
If you want to read the story from Adam himself you can go to Owl City’s blog.
http://owlcityblog.com/2011/02/14/dear-taylor/

No comments:

Post a Comment