Monday, February 28, 2011

Texture Drawing

This is the assignment I am turning in tomorrow.

Art 062

I don’t think it’s all that great, but that’s probably because I’m not a huge abstract art fan. It’s ok as something to keep busy with, but I’m not one to celebrate it as some are.

This was supposed to be a whole bunch of random textures. I started out with an idea that didn't work as well as I’d hoped, and I didn’t continue with it past the first step. I was originally going to do a ton of coin rubbings, and have the centerpiece be the 50 state coins all lined up in order of their release dates. It turned out that the paper was too thick to get a real clear picture from just doing a rubbing, so I scrapped the idea and just made up my own textures.

Here’s how I did the center though. I started out by taping all the coins onto a piece of cardboard so they wouldn’t move while I rubbed them.

Art 060

Then I put the paper down and rubbed it with the pencil.

Art 059

Then I erased around the edge, drew circles around the edge of each coin to make them stand out, and created a border for them.

Art 061

I liked this part of it a lot. I just don’t like the final piece that much. I may try this idea some time later with thinner paper so I can get the coin designs to stand out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment