Tuesday, February 28, 2017

TWZIA (The Warp Zone Is Awesome)

The Warp Zone has been KILLING it these last few months with their a-capella theme covers, so I just had to make a whole seperate post to feature them.

To start, I posted this once awhile ago, but Gravity Falls is probably my all time favorite cartoon, and I love their cover, so here it is again.



One of my other favorite cartoons in recent years has been Steven Universe, and I absolutely love the music from it. So many people have been covering the music, I may end up doing a Steven Universe post by itself, but for now, here's the theme, as sung by The Warp Zone. Also please ignore the costumes. They seem to find it hilarious to look their worst when they sing female parts, (See Mabel above) and the bulk of the cast of Steven Universe is female. (Though that doesn't explain Greg, {bottom left} who they've somehow managed to make look far worse than the female characters)



As you can tell, they always dress up like the characters from whatever piece of media they are covering, and when a piece of media has a prominent female character, they will sometimes bring in a guest singer, like this cover of John Williams' Harry Potter theme, where they brought in my favorite YouTube baker who also sings, Rosanna Pansino. :)



And from one John Williams theme to another, (I swear I didn't plan this!) my all time favorite Star Wars theme, Duel of the Fates!



One of my all time favorite shows (that only premiered last year) is Stranger Things, and I love this cover of the theme music. :)



And last but not least, from one Netflix show to another, my latest absolute favorite show, (And I'm not being hyperbolous, I love this show SO MUCH) the theme to Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

No comments:

Post a Comment