Wednesday, April 1, 2020

I'm Leaving America!

Well, it's been a long time coming. I'm leaving Iowa. And the country. And the continent. Provided my car can fit on that teeny strip of land between North and South America. I don't actually know how thick that place is. Maybe I should check into that before I fully commit to that part.

But  I am leaving!

I just finished my internship last month, so, I technically have no real commitments that I care about. So, seeing as how I have been having so much trouble finding an actual job, I've decided to stop trying. I'm giving up! I'm going to become a world traveler instead!

In case you're wondering what I will do about money, don't worry! Most money is just theoretical anyway, so I am choosing to stop believing in it. Once you don't believe in money, your life just opens up to all kinds of possibilities!

So first thing I'm doing when I leave, is heading north. My last name is North, so I feel like that's a sign. Plus my ancestors are from Canada, so that's like another sign. I don't have a passport, but I don't believe in those either, and since I'm half Canadian, I'll just claim asylum, and they'll have to let me in.

So I'll probably drive around Canada for a few months, I've always wanted to visit Nunavut, and riding a moose is something I really need to check off my bucket list. Plus I've heard Anne of Green Gables lives on an island in Canada, so I might try to visit her.

After I've finished revisiting my ancestral home, I guess I'll head back to America. There's still some things around here worth looking at I guess. Like the Grand Canyon, and that giant crater that killed the dinosaurs.

And then I'll head to Mexico. The people on Facebook say it's SUPER easy to cross the border, so I'll just head on over, and try some real burritos. Apparently they taste different than the ones here. I don't actually believe that, but it's probably worth investigating.

Of course, my true goal is to actually visit another continent. Canada and Mexico are fine, but they're basically the same thing as America except different. Like Canada puts gravy on their fries instead of ketchup, and Mexico puts limes in their tacos instead of sour cream. Yeah, those are weird, but that's not any weirder than Americans putting pineapple on pizza. I tried that and it was fine I guess.

So I want to visit all the continents, and I need to start with the one I can (hopefully?) get to by car. Like I said, I need to see if that little strip at the bottom of Mexico will hold my car, but as long as I can get through there, I'll be fine.

Once I get across that, I need to visit Baia in Brazil. I watched a movie with a dancing parrot asking if I've been to Baia, and I hadn't, so that seems like the most important place to check out down there. Like, America has zero dancing parrots, so even if Baia only has the one, they're doing way better than us.

At some point I'll get to the bottom of South America, and then I'll need to find a way to get to Antarctica. I'm not sure how that will happen, but once I get there I'll probably figure it out. They're close enough, they probably have a ferry or something.

So, that's all my plans so far, eventually I want to visit all the other continents too. No one ever really thinks of it, but all the places you see in movies are actually real, and totally visitable! Even Australia! So, I guess I'll update you when I'm on my way! I'm leaving this afternoon, and I'm taking my cell phone with me, so as long as I have reception, I'll let you know when I get to Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment