Friday, May 30, 2014

True Facts! 14!

As I've mentioned before, last semester I took a social media class in which I was required to maintain a twitter account for the duration of the class. I decided that the theme of the account would be "True Facts!" and I steadily created new facts for the whole semester.

I really enjoyed coming up with new material, so I decided that I would not stop after the class was over. Instead, I moved the true facts to my personal twitter account, and I am going to be posting there as consistently as possible.

If you'd like to read all the facts as I post them, you'll find the twitter account HERE. If you don't have a twitter account, I will be posting the same facts to my blog's Facebook page, and you can find that HERE.

Today's post will be a mix of facts from my school twitter account, as well as some never before published ones.

 photo TrueFacts_zps430d290d.png

Did you know that George Washington owned the largest cheese farm in Virginia? True Fact!

Did you know that corn is the only vegetable that is also a fruit? True fact!

Did you know that the alphabet was invented by mimes? They had to do something, no one understood their hand gestures. True fact!

Did you know that Teddy Grahams are dehydrated grizzly larvae? True fact!

Did you know that zebras think horses have absolutely zero fashion sense? Horses think the same thing about zebras. True fact!

Did you know that cows invented milkshakes? A herd found an abandoned trampoline and the rest is history. True fact!

Did you know that pickles are the most dangerous breed of cucumber? True fact!

Did you know that Band-Aids are the world's worst flavor of Fruit Roll Ups? True fact!

Did you know that elephants are masters of rhythmic gymnastics? Specifically the ribbon dance, using their trunks. True fact!

Did you know that kiwi fruits are actually the eggs of the kiwi bird? True fact!

Did you know that Pope Paul VI won the first Pope-mobile on The Price is Right? True fact!

Did you know that Glitter Zombies are the most fabulous breed of undead creature in the entire world? True fact!

Did you know that apples are wild, arboreal tomatoes? True fact!

Did you know that fossilized dinosaur bones are actually the skeletons of giant, prehistoric, carnivorous parrots? True fact!

Did you know that llamas are midget wooly giraffes? True fact!

Did you know that the Wooly Neck Constrictor catches its prey by disguising itself as a scarf? True fact!

Did you know that the popular fashion trend of wearing burnt earmuffs year round was started by a violent space princess? True fact!

Did you know that the reason Tigger can bounce on his tail is because he swallowed a pogo stick? True fact!

Did you know that linoleum is fossilized carpet? True fact!

Did you know that pizza was the world's first form of edible abstract art? Hand-tossed is considered both abstract expressionist, AND performance art. True fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment