Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Last Month Online (June 2018)


Lots of music this month. I suppose to make up for the abundance of comedy last month. :)

We'll open and close this post with Lindsey Stirling, who made two amazing videos this month!



Lindsey wasn't the only busy one this month, Peter Hollens put out three amazing songs as well! I'll spread these out as well. Each one was with a different guest artist, including The Hound + The Fox, who put out a separate song of their own, which I will include later on as well. :)



Devin Graham has done a video like this next one before, and it was just hilarious. But apparently I never featured it on my blog! So if you'd like to see the original before you watch this one, you can click here. However, of the two, this one is my favorite, partially because of the hilarious, epic waterfall dive, but kind of mostly because of the HILARIOUS cameo/twist ending reveal.



Jonna Jinton is back with another haunting song. I love her voice so much!



I don't think I've ever featured Ryan Higa on my blog before, he usually does comedy skits, but this video was so creative, I just had to share. I love dancing, I love stop-motion animation, and this was like the perfect creative fusion of the two.



One of the reasons Peter Hollens had so many great songs this month, is that he just released a new album, comprised entirely of folk music. One of my favorite genres is European/Celtic folk music, which is mainly what this album contains.



Tessa Violet is back! I absolutely love the aesthetic of this video, and it's nothing more than her just singing in a grocery store! I swear, she can make the most mundane things just seem brilliantly creative!

Every time I watch this video I wonder about the logistics of the shoot. Did she rent out a whole store to shoot in, or did she just film in a store while it was open? Are the random shoppers all paid extras, or are they all just random shoppers? How did she get up on the freezers? I feel like the staff has to either be part of the shoot or were prepped in advance, because I can't see any normal grocery manager being okay with any of this. :p Anyway, sometimes I dissect these videos too much. :p



I've never been a very big country musc fan, but somehow, when it's done a capella, it's just elevated to something so much better than just 'country music.' And VoicePlay are just excellent at what they do.



Scarborough Fair is such an iconic folk song, it's hard to improve on some versions I've heard, particularly Celtic Woman comes to mind, but Somehow The Hound + The Fox manages to put their own, amazing spin on it. And the music isn't the only amazing thing about this video, just look at their locations! The lavender fields and the ancient forest are just gorgeous!



One last Peter Hollens before we close. I actually bought his new album twice, once digitally for myself, and once for my parents' anniversary gift, because they love folk music too. This music is so good!



And finally, the Lindsey Stirling video I promised at the beginning. I love this one so much! I also love that she was dancing without her violin in a lot of it! I know she learned a lot more about dance when she competed on Dancing With the Stars, so I'm glad to see her getting to use her new skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment