Friday, March 31, 2017

Chained to the Rhythm (On Repeat)

I was putting together one of my video posts, and I realized that I had saved a LOT of videos covering Katy Perry's new song Chained to the Rhythm. Before when I've had a bunch of the same song, I just put them into one of my Internet Awesome posts, but I really didn't feel like doing that again. I like those posts to be really eclectic, with a wide variety of videos, so I decided to start a new series!

As you may have gathered from the title, the series is called On Repeat, and it will be a place where I can post multiple versions of the same song all in one place, without it having to fill up another kind of post. And since this in going to be a series, I had to create another logo, so here it is!




We'll start the post with the video where I first heard the original song, the lyric video. The lyric video is odd in that the on-screen action has literally nothing to do with the content of the lyrics, it's literally just a person making tiny dinners for a hamster. It's so random, but I loved it. :p



I just went to rewatch the official music video, and I realized that the lyric video actually does tie into the song by way of the fact that the mascot for the dystopian theme park is a hamster, and they are eventually running on futuristic hamster wheels. So I guess that solves the mystery of why the hamster was in the lyric video. :p



(On a completely unrelated note, I'm not the biggest fan of cotton candy, but I really want one of those giant mushroom cloud/atomic bomb fallout cotton candy clouds!) :p

For the first of our covers we'll go to Evynne Hollens. This was actually just released today, but I knew it was coming, so I delayed putting out this post until she released it. I couldn't do a post like this without a Hollens video if I knew one was coming now could I? :)



Next we have an awesome string quartet cover by Simply Three. They always have the best string covers of popular music!



Next up is Mike Tompkins. He always puts such a unique spin on everything he covers. A cappella is enough of a twist, but he always seems to go one step further.



Lastly we have a cover by Kurt Hugo Schneider, featuring Rebecca Black! She has definitely come a long ways since her "Friday" days!



And that's it! I don't expect this to be a regularly occurring type of post, but if a song comes out that a lot of people decide to cover, I might eventually have to do another post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment