Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rotten Little Brats

Kids these days can be just awful. Tonight at work there was a little kid being a total brat, sat on his mom's milk, making it leak, getting into stuff, opening candy right off the shelf, just being an obnoxious little pest. His mom was just about at her wit’s end. Frankly I would have applauded her if she’d have flipped the kid over her knee and spanked some sense into his rotten little butt. Okay, so maybe that’s a little harsh but the kid needed a lesson taught to him, and his mother’s repeatedly saying no and pushing him down into the cart was just not working. One of my coworkers, Jen went up to him as his mother was checking out and told him if he didn't behave we'd keep him there and she'd make him scrub the floor with a toothbrush. He of course thought she was bluffing, lipped off and said he'd stay, so Jen held out her arms and said, "Okay, come on!" He just stared at her and kind of backed away. He didn’t expect her to actually keep her word. I thought it was pretty funny. He calmed down a little after that, though I still wouldn’t say he was behaving himself. I packed the woman's groceries in another cart and asked her if she wanted to drive up. I didn't think she'd be able to handle her load of groceries and two kids, especially when one was being such a monster and had already squished one gallon of milk. When she drove up I started loading her groceries and the kid looked at me and exclaimed, "I don't wanna be left here!" I think he thought his mom was dropping him off and I was there to pick him up and put him to work. For his mother’s sake I hope we scared him into behaving better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Yes, spank the kid for goodness sake! It worked on me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete