Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Creature and Bird

I wrote this post for a blog I abandoned, but I needed to link to it for my Beanie Baby post, so I decided to go find it and repost it here. When I went to find it, I noticed that the original post date on the other blog was EXACTLY one year ago today on May 1st 2011. Talk about a weird coincidence...
I wrote this post because I was trying to "Be a blogger" and I was using a suggestion from another blog to write about the last good book I had read. Ultimately I decided not to "Be a Blogger" and just go back to writing about my life. Here is the (mostly) original Post. I have edited it somewhat, and added a few more pictures.


The last good book I read was actually two books, and it was more looking at the pictures than it was reading. The books are entitled Creature, and Bird, by photographer Andrew Zuckerman. They are amazing books. The pictures are absolutely stunning.
Andrew Zuckerman photographs his subjects against a completely white background. This does two things, first of all it allows you to focus on the animal itself, as there is nothing distracting going on around the creature. The white background also reflects the light in such a way that every detail of the animal becomes crystal clear. It reveals so much detail that you otherwise would never see. Some of them are almost mesmerizing. I could look at the parrots for hours, their feathers are so beautiful.



 
I wholeheartedly recommend these books to any animal lover, bird lover, or photography enthusiast. These are two picture books that you won’t want to just flip through. You’ll want to linger over every page, soaking in all of the amazing details.

To see some more of Andrew Zuckerman’s work you can click the link to his website, HERE.
He has also set up separate sites for both books. You can find Creature HERE and Bird HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment