Friday, October 18, 2013

Quick Campus Tour: 1st Semester

I've been meaning to get a few pictures of school up for awhile, but I've had so much school to work on, that until this week, I've kind of neglected my blog. So today, about halfway through the semester, (Halfway? Really?) I'm FINALLY getting a few pictures up.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, my time is split between two buildings.


This is the design building. This is where all the art studios are, as well as a large auditorium where a lot of art lectures are held. This is where my Introduction to the Design program is held, as well as my theater class. This is also where the drawing class that I dropped was held.

So far, theater class is probably my favorite class. It is more than just theater, and actually, I don't know that Theater is a good name for the class. It's more of an overview of all the performing arts. It's an introduction to, and a history of, dance, music, theater, and movies. I really like the teacher, and I think that's one reason I like the class so much.


This is Curtis Hall. This is where my sociology class is held. I really enjoy this class too. It really helps you understand why people act the way that they do. I find the whole thing fascinating. It's classes like this that make me wish that everyone could go to college. If more people could understand why humans act the way they do, I think the world would be a much better place.


This is the class size as seen from up in the balcony. Most classes are like this. So many people.


On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am in this building, Hoover Hall. Here I have a design history class.


This is how big the class is, I am in the back row here.


Looking to my right.


And to my left. As you can see, the class is huge.

Now I should probably tell you that this is the class I was telling you about in my last post. The one that it's going to be next to impossible to get a good grade in. But it is not a terrible class. I actually like it a lot, when I'm not trying to pass any assignments in it.

When I first got there and I heard my teacher speak for the first time, I thought the whole class was going to be unbearable. He sounds like a cross between Richard Simmons and Elmer Fudd. Not even kidding. I'm not trying to make fun of him in any way, I'm just stating a fact. But as soon as he started teaching, I got over it. His voice doesn't bother me at all anymore. I now can't imagine the class being taught by anyone else. He always has fascinating stories to tell about the history of design, like how Washington DC got to have some of the worst designed streets in the country, and how all the designs of our money came to be, and what they used to look like. I wish he'd write a book with all this information. I think it would be fascinating.

So, those are all my classes for this semester. Next semester I'll try to get some pictures up a lot sooner than halfway through. I have some other pictures of other places around campus as well, and when I get time, I'll make a post with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment