Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Twist Ending! 9!

Well, here it is. The first terrible customer I've had in Ames. Since then I've had two more. Or to be more accurate, one more, the same man, but on two different occasions, behaving in the exact same way. So I need to get writing on that one next.

~

"Hello, did you find everything ok?" I asked the man as he unloaded eight bottles of coke and two bags of squirrel corn onto my register.

"Yes, but I'm only here because the other store didn't have what I was looking for." The man exclaimed angrily, like somehow it was our fault that the other store hadn't had what he wanted. "Maybe you can tell me why their coke is ten cents cheaper than yours?"

"Well, I'm not sure," I said, "But I could -"

"Well, you'd better get a manager then," he interrupted, "Because this corn was a DOLLAR cheaper over there too!"

I called the manager over, a young guy, around my age, he probably hadn't been a manager very long. Poor guy didn't know what he was walking into.

"Can I help you?" He asked the man.

"Yeah, I only came here because the store across town didn't have what I was looking for and this coke was TEN CENTS cheaper there! Now what are you going to do about that? Huh? You guys are supposed to guarantee prices!"

"No, we don't guarantee prices. Every store sets their own price. However, if you have an ad, we'll match it."

"I don't have an ad, this stuff was all cheaper there! This corn was a DOLLAR cheaper! You guys are supposed to guarantee prices!"

The manager knew this wasn't a battle worth fighting. "Ok, you want $2.80 back? I can do that." He typed in the discount and quickly left.

The man fumed to himself as he paid, leaving the store in a huff. As he loaded his corn into the truck he heard a far-off scurrying noise getting closer and closer. As the sound grew louder, the scurrying combined with an angry chattering, and the man looked up, just as a huge wave of squirrels completely overtook his car. It flooded into and over his vehicle, taking the corn, and knocking him off his feet. The man was swept away and swallowed up by the adorable mass of fur, and no one ever saw him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment