Wednesday, November 18, 2015

TIIA 9 (The Internet Is Awesome)

Let's start this post off with a video from Postmodern Jukebox, a cover of one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs, Bad Blood. It is literally one of the best covers I have ever seen due to one musical surprise about halfway through. You'll know it when you see it. :p



Next up we have another video from Player Piano, this time doing a Super Mario Brothers Medley.



This next video I'm sharing more for the video than the music, which is still amazing, but these Air Wheel things have become the latest internet craze, and Kurt Hugo Schneider managed to use them in a far more creative way than anyone else I have seen, anywhere on the internet.



Pentatonix recently covered another one of those songs that seems to be just everywhere, but as usual, their spin on it is far superior to the original, and will definitely replace it in my head as the definitive version of the song.



This is another song that is absolutely everywhere right now, but again, this version is made so much better by a cover artist, Alaa Wardi.



This song is one of my favorite songs from Mika's new album, if not his whole body of work.



Let's close this post with one of the best musical collabs I have seen in ages, Evynne Hollens and Nick Pitera doing a mashup with one of my favorite recent songs, Shut Up and Dance, and a great song from the 80's, Video Killed the Radio Star, which actually fits perfectly! The video was awesome, and the music was amazing! I bought the song immediately and it has been on replay ever since! When it was released, I was sharing it everywhere, even tumblr, which I almost never use! Watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment