Monday, October 24, 2016

Minnesota Adventure!

In August my cousins Shaina and Sasha and I went to Minnesota. We wanted to go to the Mall of America, and visit my cousin Kyle, who works at an awesome graphic design company. My cousin Mandi also lives near the twin cities so we stayed with her for almost a week.

The first day we were there we ended up babysitting while Mandi was stuck at the cell phone store getting her phone fixed. Which apparently didn't even happen and they kept her there for hours. We didn't go anywhere that day, but we ended up having a lot of fun anyway.


The girls took to Shaina right away. They were like instant best friends. :)


Trinity insisted I take a picture of her handiwork here for some reason. :p


And also herself.


She is a ham. :p




Here she told me that this was a mother carrying her baby in her mouth.
It did not look that way. :p


Sasha went to Walmart and came back with coloring books and craft supplies for the kids.
Trinity and Afton ended up coloring with Shaina and Sasha, while Tanner, Cody, and and I played video games on our DS's. I think we accidentally segregated ourselves. :p

On one of the days, not sure which, Mandi and I noticed that we accidentally wore matching shirts.
I didn't get a picture, but she posted on Instagram, so I borrowed that. :)


The next day we went to the Mall of America, where I finally broke down and bought what would become my first Funko Pop figure. The first of many. I bought a bunch more before the end of vacation. I should do a blog post about those one of these days.


I also took this picture to send to my cousin Sarah who wasn't with us. We both love Kid President, and I found this doll of him at the mall.


The next day we went to visit Kyle at Ultra Creative.


Shaina found their arcade machine from the 80's and was hooked.


Shaina has a huge thing for all things 80's. :)


Before we took the tour, we went out to eat at an awesome brick oven style pizza restaurant.


Trinity was more interested in playing with Shaina than eating her pizza. :p




Later that night, back at Ultra Creative, we all got the grand tour.


Kyle's brother, Trent came along too. :) Uncle Dick was there too, but I've been through my pictures like three times, and apparently I didn't get any pictures with him in them!


Ultra Creative has all kinds of awesome surprises. :)


Kyle showed us some things that his company has been working on.


And some stuff that he's done himself!



If you see any of these halloween monster cereals out there, just know that Kyle drew the box art!


There are so many cool rooms around Ultra Creative.


This room has soundproof padding, windows that turn opaque, and a TV hidden in the table!


These look like wood or something, but they're actually kind of a soft foam.





Ultra Creative has a huge library of creativity boosting books and magazines.


There are also scooters that you can use to quickly get around the entire office. I rode one, and I managed to do a full circle around the entire floor, but I don't have any pictures of it. Which is probably for the best. I was probably within inches of killing myself. I felt like I was anyway. :p

And that's all my pictures! We did other things on our trip, but a lot of it was just shopping and playing with the kids, so I didn't have my phone out to take pictures. I guess we were just having too much fun. We loved spending time with Mandi and the kids, and everyone loved hanging out together. Mandi and Shaina were instant kindred spirits, just like I knew they would be. (Seriously, I'd actually been saying they should be friends since I was a kid. :p) We all had so much fun that we're already thinking about going back. We'll see what happens next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment