Thursday, June 7, 2018

Last Month Online (May 2018)


So many videos this month. And so many comedy videos! Usually music videos far outnumber the rest, but this month seems a lot more even than normal! I guess a bunch of these are parody or funny songs, so they're kind of in both categories, but still, comedy has a huge presence this month. :)

The first video is another amazing song from Pomplamoose, covering an amazing song by La Roux! I was transported back in time almost a decade to 2010, when my brother Joel and I would carpool to school, and listen to La Roux's album. This was always my favorite song. :)



Next we have a hilarious, and weird, video from Studio C! This sketch was almost as if the writers of the Twilight Zone decided to try their hands at comedy. And I loved it!



And now for something completely different, this was probably something I saw on Twitter, I don't really know, all I know is that I had never seen this guy before this video, and I subscribed immediately. In case you didn't know, this is a song from homestarrunner.com, one of my all-time favorite web series'. I never knew how much I needed a vocally enhanced rendition of  Come On Fhgwhgads!



This is probably my least 'fun' video this month, but I loved it so much I had to include it. It's just a simple cover of a recent Ariana Grande song, but there was just something about it that I loved.



This video was not from May, but I discovered in in May, thanks to my cousin Mandi sharing it on Facebook, so I say it still counts. :p I thought it was hilarious, and I watched it multiple times, as well as showing it to everyone who would watch. I just don't get tired of it. It's so funny!



Okay, before you watch this next one, I just want to give those of you who might care, a dark humor warning, as the song is framed around a chorus about an adorable, but suicidal muffin, and the entire song revolves around death. So, if you think that might be too much for you, feel free to skip it. :)

This is a song by the Gregory Brothers, using lines of dialogue from Tomska's ASDFMovie series. As I said the last time I shared something from ASDFMovie, I don't share many of these because they are slightly more adult-y than my usual videos, but I loved this song so much I couldn't not include it. If you've never seen any ASDFMovie cartoons, it is likely that this song will make absolutely no sense to you, as it is comprised entirely of lines and jokes from the series. (I'm mainly including it for my future self to watch later, years after I've forgotten about it. :p)



Steven Universe, as I've said before, and even made an entire post about, has great music. In the most recent set of episodes we got yet another great song, which of course was immediately covered by a bunch of artists on YouTube. This one from Video Game Remixes was my favorite. :)



And here's another Studio C, just as weird and hilarious as the first, but less Twilight Zone-y. :p



Peter Hollens teamed up with Malukah again to bring us another amazing song! I personally have never played Skyrim, but that doesn't stop me from loving this song so much! It's just fantastic!



I don't think I've ever shared these new Mickey cartoons here, even though I do really enjoy them, however, this one really stood out to me, because it was just such a deliberate callback/loving parody/nod to Disney's Fantasia. As most of you probably know, Fantasia is one of, if not my all-time favorite movie, and this short captured the feeling of that film so well. I just loved it. :)



And finally, what might be my favorite song of the month, Mike Tompkins covering Toto's Africa, completely acapella. It is just as amazing as it sounds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment