Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Here, Now

I don't normally feel like writing a blog post on the spur of the moment like this, but I just felt inspired. I am sitting on the wall of the stairs leading up to Curtis Hall, overlooking lawn at central campus near the Campanile. All over the lawn, groups of people are gathering, setting up tables, laying out blankets, and getting ready for activities.


In other areas, people are sitting by themselves, or in group of two or three, studying, or visiting. I don't know who any of them are, or what they are doing, but just watching them makes me happy.


I love the feeling that things are happening all around me. I love being a part of this place. I love that there are so many different looking people here. I love being around so many different people from so many different walks of life.


All my life I've lived near a very small town, and all my life, I've thought that I would hate it in the city. I thought I hated being around lots of people, and I wouldn't like being anywhere with this much activity. I was wrong. I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment