Friday, September 27, 2013

Chicago: Day 1 - The Arboretum

I am FINALLY getting to my posts about Chicago! I can't promise to get to them all right away, but at least I'm getting to this first one.

On our first full day in Illinois, At this point it was just Wheaton, not really Chicago yet, we hung out with the family for the day. The main thing we did was go to an arboretum. It was really nice. It was kind of like a zoo, but for plants.








Here, Shaina defies a sign that clearly forbade standing on the table. Bad Shaina. Bad. Shame. Shame on you.

Okay, I confess. I told her to. I'm the bad one. Mwa ha ha ha ha.... >:D

 
Chris and Shaina examine a tree.


Sasha was enchanted by a flock of tiny mushrooms.


I can't remember what these columns were, but they were kind of cool.


There were a large number of wooden insect sculptures all over the arboretum. Shaina posed with most of them.


Yes, I know this is not an insect. Go away, trolls.




And here is where my camera battery died. We left soon after, so you didn't miss much. The rest of the day was spent shopping, and visiting the library where Aunt Linda works.

I got a new battery in the meantime, but I only ended up taking two pictures.


Her library is huge! It literally had three floors! I could just live there. I love libraries. :)


And that's all for the first day. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment