Saturday, November 30, 2013

Chicago: Day 3 - The Field Museum

Our third day in Illinois, and we actually went TO Chicago! We took the train into the city and caught a bus to the Field Museum! It was so much fun! My only regret for the day was that I didn't get to meet one of my favorite YouTubers, Emily Graslie, of the channel "The Brain Scoop." She works at the Field Museum, and we had been Tweeting each other that day trying to see if it would work to meet, but she ended up having meetings all day, and it didn't work out. Hopefully next time!

I don't have quite as many pictures as I usually take, as I kind of just got caught up in looking at, and reading everything, and just kind of forgot to take a lot of pictures.

 Waiting for the train.

 The train arrives!

 Window washers rappelling down the side of a building. That would be a scary/exciting job! Not how most window washers jobs are described...

 The Field Museum! *Angelic Chorus*

Tradition. :)

 Outside the museum

 Sue!



Sue, from above.




My favorite dinosaur! The Parasaurolophus! I don't even have to look up the spelling. I've known it by heart since I was a kid. :)


And that's about all I had that day. I'm sure I'll be back there again. I'll do better on taking pictures next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment