Monday, February 20, 2012

Fall Semester Paintings

So I am FINALLY getting around to posting the paintings I did in Painting one. I will post most of them in this post, but I have two others that I painted that were very detailed, and I want to do some close up shots of some of those details. So I will save those for a later post. For now, here are the rest of my painting from last semester.

Art '11 038

Let’s just get the horror over with. We HAD to do a self portrait. I HATE doing them! The only GOOD thing about this painting was the clothes. :) *Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb. :) The rest is awful. I could not for the life of me get the skin tone right. I look like I have leprosy. Want an extreme close up, to fully grasp the grotesqueness of my hideously pale face?

Art '11 037

SCREE! SCREE! SCREE!!! *Horror Movie Music*

Art '11 002

This one is not so good. I painted it completely out of my head with no reference picture, and it shows. Always use a reference picture.

Art '11 039

Of course, there’s an exception to every rule, I also did this one out of my head. It is watercolor though, so it works better than if I’d tried to do the same thing with acrylic.

Art '11 009

Our still life assignment. I was pleased with how the vase turned out. It’s hard to tell, but there are some lighter flowers to the left of the yellow ones. I think if you click the picture you might be able to see a larger version.

Art '11 010

Finally, the painting that I was most proud of, besides my final, (Coming next post) was this one, based on a photograph I took last year, right after I got my new camera. It’s also a picture I entered in the fair, so you may remember seeing it. If not, I will link to a post that contains it HERE.

And that’s all for now. Stay tuned, I hope to get the last two paintings up soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment