Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chocolate Gnaw

Okay, today’s post is very weird, and depending on your tolerance level, a little gross.
In art appreciation class we are learning about all different types of art. And our teacher has slides of some really strange stuff. One piece was a 600 pound block of chocolate gnawed on by the artist.
At first I thought this was funny, and it still is I suppose, but after looking into it a little more I discovered some mildly unappetizing details.
For starters, “Chocolate Gnaw” was not the only element to the exhibit. There was also piece entitled “Lard Gnaw”.

Yes, she chewed that up too.
Then I find out that she did not eat what she chewed off, but she spit it all out and cast it into chocolate boxes, and the lard she made into lipstick.
If you’d like to read a little bit about it I have link to an article HERE.
Yes, artists are weird. I should know, I’m one of them. Smile I’m just not that weird I hope… Smile with tongue out

No comments:

Post a Comment