Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FIRST!!11!!1

Sometimes my facebook status updates tend to be so long that I can’t post them to facebook without editing them down to the maximum character limit. I did not want to do that to this one, so I decided to make a blog post out of it. Here is my “100-characters-too-long-to-qualify-as-a-facebook-status” status.
Why is it that on 98% of any comments sections, the second or third comment, sometimes both, have people declaring themselves "FIRST!!11!!1"? Do these people have any idea how, ahem, "Psychologically Unsound" this makes them look? I wouldn't be caught dead acting so reta- mentally imbalanced, but if I were the type to try to be "FIRST!!11!!1" and I ended up as "SECOND!!11!!1" instead, I would hurriedly delete my comment. But then, I suppose the "FIRST!!11!!1"ers are probably so dimwitted that they don't even think about such things.
Comments sections usually seem to be the ghettos of the internet. Unless you are on a site populated mainly by like minded people, you are inevitably going to see the worst humanity has to offer prowling around comments sections. Some people seem so dull of mind, you wonder how they managed to figure out what a keyboard was, let alone type that ridiculous half sentence they left as a comment.  Others seem to have nothing better to do than hunt down things that they hate, just to hurl pointless insults. Sometimes I wonder why I even read the comments. It’s all I can do to stop myself from responding to the ignorant, or hate filled diatribes. But then I remind myself of the quote that has been attributed to Mark Twain.
Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
And on the internet, there are billions of onlookers. And most of them will side with the fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment