Sunday, March 6, 2011

Marshmallow Lasers!

Okay, if you read my posts on facebook, you may remember a few days ago I posted a video, because it contained a song I couldn’t get out of my head. I’ll post it here in case you need a reminder, or if you don’t have a facebook account. It’s called “Space Unicorn,” by Parry Gripp.
That song really cracks me up. I’m not quite sure why, it’s just so funny! I downloaded it from the artist’s website, and I listened to it repeatedly while exercising at the wellness center a couple days ago, and I used it to block out annoying noises coming from my brothers bedrooms. Smile Once I listen to it once, it just won’t go away. It plays in my head over and over. The rest of the day after I found it, I kept posting little bits of the lyrics to my facebook. I’m sure people must have thought I’d gone crazy. Maybe I have. Smile with tongue out
So now my mind has been filled up with an surplus of “Space Unicorn” and it needs to come out. I am planning on doing a large piece of art later, when I have more time, but last night I couldn’t wait anymore and decided to draw up a small sketch, just to tide me over. I am pretty much rubbish at drawing real looking animal poses without a reference of some kind first, so I went to Google and found a great picture of a horse.
arabian-horse8
And from that, came this. Smile
scan0001
The dust cloud is supposed to be a rainbow colored nebula, since he “Delivers the rainbows all around the world.”
Just don’t ask me about his marshmallow laser. I haven’t been able to think of any good design for that without anthropomorphizing him too much. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment