Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Little Quotes

I used to watch “The Joy of Painting” with Bob Ross every Saturday with my grandma. I loved watching him paint his “Happy Little Trees.” I’m pretty sure he is one of the main reasons I wanted to be an artist when I grew up. Smile I haven’t painted much, but when I have, I noticed that I used some of the techniques he used on the show. He’ll always be one of my favorite artists.

I “Like” Bob Ross on facebook, and today whoever maintains his fan page posted a quote from him. which I reposted on my wall, then added to my favorite quote section in my profile.

"I want a nice tree lives right there. There it comes, yes. And he’s got a little friend named Harriet. Right there. Just make up little names. I know people look at you like you’re a little weird. That’s okay. ‘Cause as artists we can do anything. People expect us to be a little different. They expect it. Don’t let them down."

After this I looked up more quotes by him, and I found quite a lot, so I ‘m going to share a few more here. This first one really cracked me up. Open-mouthed smile

“Oh, that would make a nice place to fish. I like fishing, but I’m not a very good fisherman. I always throw the fish back into the water, just put a band-aid on his mouth, tap ‘im on the patootie and let him on his way. And maybe some day, if I’m lucky, I’ll get to catch him again.”

“People look at me like I’m a little strange, when I go around talking to squirrels and rabbits and stuff. That’s ok. Thaaaat’s just ok.”

“People might look at you a bit funny, but it’s okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different.”

LOVE this next one! Open-mouthed smile

“That’s a crooked tree. We’ll send him to Washington.”

I don’t know if he said this often, or if I just happen to remember the specific episode he said it in, but this next quote I definitely remember him saying.

“We don’t make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.”

This one cracked me up too. Bob Ross was very funny!

“I can’t go over 30 minutes, because we have a mean ol’ director with no sense of humor.”

I think he said some variation of this one at the end of every episode.

“Well, the little clock on the wall says we’re just about out of time. Goodnight and God bless.”

I’ll close with these quotes which I too, firmly believe.

“Traditionally, art has been for the select few. We have been brainwashed to believe that Michelangelo had to pat you on the head at birth. Well, we show people that anybody can paint a picture that they're proud of. It may never hang in the Smithsonian, but it will certainly be something that they'll hang in their home and be proud of. And that's what it's all about.”

”I started painting as a hobby when I was little. I didn't know I had any talent. I believe talent is just a pursued interest. Anybody can do what I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment