Sunday, January 8, 2012

Vintage Photographs #2

You probably recall awhile back when I posted about learning how to restore photos for my digital photography class, and then using what I’d learned to restore some pictures for my grandma. I posted the before and after versions which you can find HERE if you’d like to see them again. You might also recall that I mentioned I was working on some more to use in a Christmas gift for her.

Well, I finished the last 6 that she had given me when I started the photo restoration assignment for school. I put them all into an album which I gave to her for Christmas. She really liked it and I told her I would do some more and have them printed and keep adding to her album. And of course, I will share my progress here as well, so here are the most recent pictures for my grandma’s album.

8

That is my Grandma on the right. That may be her mother in the middle, but I’m not sure who the little girl is. You can’t really tell with these pictures, but there were little cracks and scratches, and tiny little pieces missing from the original. The online version is too small for those imperfections to be very noticeable.

8

9   9

This is a picture of my Grandma and Grandpa.

10   10

I do not know who these two women are.

11   11

My Grandma.

12   12

I don’t know who this woman is. And again, most of what was wrong with this photo you can see at this size on the internet, with the exception of that crusty spot over her fingers.

13

This is a picture of my Grandma’s mom, and those are her two older brothers. There was some writing on the back from her mother who had sent this picture to a friend some time in the distant past. She wrote to her friend, “Don’t look at me.” Which I found to be hilarious. :D

13

Grandma recently gave me an envelope with more pictures that she would like to have restored, so when I get the chance, I will be working on them. But, school starts again tomorrow already, so I’m not sure when I‘ll have a whole lot of free time. When I finish some of them I will post them for you all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment