Tuesday, July 10, 2012

C Monster

I feel random today. I just watched a hilarious video someone shared on Facebook. It's a parody of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe."



Long time readers of my blog know of my love for the furry, blue, cookie-obsessed, resident of Sesame Street. He was always my favorite character when I was little and I still love him. Back when I first started my blog, one of the videos I shared in my very first post was a Cookie Monster video. Here it is again. Still hilarious. :D



After I watched Carly Rae Jepsen spoof, I started off on a YouTube nostalgia trip, looking up old Cookie Monster clips and I thought I'd share some of them here.

First up is this one that is pretty much Cookie Monster's Theme song.



I remember this next one from when I was a kid. I also remember the media storm surrounding this video and others like it where Cookie Monster encouraged healthy eating. People started claiming that Sesame Street was changing Cookie monster's character to brainwash kids into eating vegetables. It was pretty pathetic. The media's reaction, that is. The video is hilarious.



This one I'd never seen, but it was apparently made to dispel the myth surrounding the last one. I loved Cookie Monster's line, "You members of media blow story WAAAAY out of proportion!!!"



This one I'd seen a long time ago, it was made for YouTube, on the channel RocketBoom. It also covered the whole "Healthy Monster" myth. He cracked me up with his list of things he eats. "Me eat meat, and fish, and veg-et-ables... bicycle, fire hydrant... Me monster. Me not picky."



This one I had to do some specific searching for, because I couldn't find it on any official PBS or Sesame Street channel, but a private user had uploaded it and I found it. When I was little I had a Sesame Street cassette tape, and this was one of my favorite songs on it. I probably still have that tape somewhere... I should look for it... :p



And finally, I found this clip. I'd forgotten about, but I had seen this when I was little. I was expecting him to figure out by the end that what he wanted was a pie, but once Guy Smiley walked in I remembered the ending. I rather doubt they'd have ended it this way for a current Sesame Street sketch. :p This is classic Muppet humor. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment