Wednesday, July 25, 2012

OK Go

The other day while I was watching all those Cookie Monster videos, I found a video on the Sesame Street channel by OK Go. I wanted to share it right then, but my post was about Cookie Monster, so I decided to wait on it and do an entire post about OK Go later instead. If you don't remember who OK Go is you can click HERE to read my post about their hilarious collaboration with the Muppets.
One of the reasons I love OK Go's videos is because of how colorful they are. To have them teach kids about color on Sesame Street was just perfect.



If you've never seen any OK Go videos before, you might want to see this one.



It's not nearly as colorful or polished as the ones they make nowadays, but this is the video that launched them to YouTube stardom. It's very unique. How many other artists would think of making a music video on treadmills? Besides colorful, the other word that best describes them is unique. Every video is so different. They are just fun to watch. You can tell they love what they do by how much work they put into each one.

I just loved the camouflage suits in this next video. That was a really weird surprise, but it was just so random, and you know how much I like random! :)



I hadn't seen that video before now, but I had seen their Rube Goldberg video for this song. It is still one of the most amazing videos they have ever made. If you haven't seen it yet, you need to.



That was all filmed in one take. ONE TAKE! And you can tell from the number of smashed TVs in the background that it took them many, many tries to get it right. These guys are artistic geniuses.

Also a must see, is their Needing/Getting video. It amazes me every time I see it that they pulled this off so well.



That's 4 months of planning!!! 4 months of work for a 4 minute video. That's dedication. :)

This one I had not seen before, even though it's two years old.



What I like best about it is the goose! That is SO random, and hilarious! :D

The next one starts out just kind of weird, but as it continues, it just gets sort of mesmerizing, and you begin to see how creative it is. By the end it was one of my favorites.



Another one of my favorites is their video for the song White Knuckles.



They must have had some good dog trainers to get this all filmed in one take. That is just amazing. I wonder how many times they had to start over before they got it right.

Now that you've seen these videos, rewatch their music video with the Muppets and see how many references to their other videos you catch.



All of OK Go's videos completely embody the spirit of Randomness. They're never the same twice, and they're always creative. No wonder I love them so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment