Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hunger Games!

Saturday is a huge day for me. Hunger Games Blu-Ray/DVD release day!

This is even bigger than just a movie release day for me, because I haven't yet seen the movie, so I am very excited! :D I only read the books after the movie got so much hype, and by the time I was ready to watch it, it was out of theaters. I pre-ordered it the moment it was available, so I should get it on release day! The second I get a chance I will be watching it!

I probably should make sure I have a pile of Kleenex handy for the "Rue" scene. (I won't spoil anything for anyone who has yet to read the books, which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!) I don't usually cry at movies, but that scene in the book... Well, it may or may not have caused... some emotion... I admit nothing. :p

From what I've heard the whole movie is incredibly faithful to the book, aside from the fact that they toned down the violence in order to get a PG-13 rating. To me anyway, that's a good thing. I would much rather have that stuff be left to my imagination than to have to actually see it.

Once I have seen the movie I will write a full review. I will probably have to watch it more than once to absorb it all. If it's half as good as the book, or even just a quarter epic as the trailer, it will require at least two viewings.



"May the odds be ever in your favor."

Sorry. That was cheesy of me. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment