Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Embodiment of Gracefulness

Zoo 062

Can anyone possibly argue against the giraffe being one of the most beautiful creatures in all of creation?

Zoo 060

It’s even beautiful when it sticks out its tongue. You can’t say that about many animals. Though I will admit, when the tongue heads up its nostril, that isn’t very beautiful. Winking smile I don’t have any photographs of this thankfully. Smile with tongue out

Zoo 064

These are the giraffes at the Henry Doorly Zoo, for anyone who might just now be starting to read my blog. We went there last month. I could have spent the entire trip right here. I might have even waded across the moat if it weren’t so deep. Smile 

Giraffes have always been my favorite animal. I don’t know why, or when it started, I just have always loved them. They’re just such a unique creature, and so graceful.

Zoo 059

As it was, I probably held everyone up. I think they were ready to go long before I was.

Zoo 052

They have some tropical penguins that live in the moat separating the giraffes from the humans. They are fun to watch too.

Zoo 063

They look like little airplanes flying through the water.

Zoo 061

I love their horns. I read little snippet on the internet once where someone commented how much they loved giraffe’s cute little antennas. I thought that was kind of funny, but they do look sort of like cute little antennas.

Zoo 049

I don’t often succumb to using more internet speak than a few emoticons, but for giraffes, I must say that I “<3” them. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment