Wednesday, January 26, 2011

School Stuff & A Small Change to my Blog

For those of you who have been wondering when I'm going to post again, rest assured that I have not abandoned my blog. I've been busy with the new semester at school, and I haven't really had anything to post.
I decided that today I'd tell you a little bit about what I've been doing since school started. This semester Mondays are my biggest day. School starts for me at 10:00 in the morning, this means leaving at 9:00. The first class is Art Appreciation. It is held in a completely different building than last semester. Last semester all our classes were in the Art Center, in the same room. The only change from class to class was the teacher. This semester every class is in a different building. New buildings, new classrooms, and in the case of Art Appreciation, a new teacher. It was a little hard trying to find my way around the first day, but I managed to find everything in time.

My second class is at 11:00, and it is my favorite class. Photography 1. I am learning so much there. I love taking pictures. I haven't really taken anything that great yet, which is why I haven't posted much about it. My teacher is the same teacher I had for Launching the Imagination last semester, so it was nice to have that be familiar.

The third class is at 1:30 and it is the only one that is basically the same as last year. Drawing 2. Same teacher, same building, same room. The only difference is now our projects are going to be bigger and more complicated than last semester, and we are going to be implementing the use of color. I am working on the first project now. It is a multi-step process, and I am planning on photographing every step along the way, to post here. So far it's looking really good. :)

I also have classes on Wednesday, and Friday. They are the same ones as Monday, but I do not have Drawing 2 on the other days. Besides this, I also am taking both Comp 1 and Comp 2 as online classes. I just wanted to get them over with, so I decided to do two eight week classes in one semester, instead of doing just Comp 1 in a full semester class this semester and doing Comp 2 in a full semester class next semester. It is probably going to be a lot of work, but I think I'll be okay. I am told I am a good writer, and I took both of these classes already when I went to ITT Tech, so I think I shouldn't have too much difficulty. I hope not anyway. :)

I will try to keep blogging regularly, but I may not have as much to post as I did last semester. Drawing 2 is my only class that is specifically art, and I won't have regular small projects to post. I am probably going to have more large projects that take longer to create than a bunch of small ones. I will try to photograph them as I go, though so that I don't end up with a ton of pictures to post after the semester is over. I will also try to post things I am working on for photography. I have only had a couple assignments, and I used pictures that I have either already posted, or pictures that I still plan to post. Our next assignment will probably have more that I will want to share, because I am going to have to actively set up some of them. We are learning about lighting, so I may get some interesting looking pictures.

Before I go, I just wanted to announce that I changed the settings in my blog so that search engines no longer have access to it. I look at my stats once in awhile and I noticed that I was getting a ton of hits on my post from last year about my Giraffe speech. This is because people were searching for pictures of all the different species in the giraffe family, and the search engines were leading them to my blog. All those pictures are available elsewhere online, and I would rather just my family and friends read my blog, so I blocked access by search engines. So if anyone out there was using Google to find my blog, and I know there were a few, the stats page also told me this, you'll just have to either bookmark or favorite it, or just wait till I post an announcement of a new blog entry on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment