Sunday, January 30, 2011

2 Introductions

Well, I haven't posted anything in a few days, so I thought I'd share something I did today for my Comp 1 class. The assignment was to write two introductions for a narrative essay. We can use them later for an essay if we want, but we don't have to. I doubt I'll use mine, but you never know. I could expand upon them, but they're pretty crazy. :) We were to use two different methods of introduction. I chose the twist, and the question.

Twist -
Carol thought that that Wednesday would be a normal day. She went to work as usual, cleaning all the left shoes in the second hand store at the mall. Little did she know that she was going to encounter her most difficult customer ever: A little man from Venus with three left feet and an enormous attitude problem.

Question -
What would you do if a short, temperamental alien from another planet walked into your store and started criticizing your merchandise? For Carol Claussenhooper the answer was simple: Run to the bakery next door to buy a large pomegranate and grapefruit pie, and throw it squarely in his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment