Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom-Day!

Today’s post is dedicated to my mom, without whom I would not exist. :)

Anita Renfroe is a comedienne who is famous for her song parodies and her thoughts on motherhood. She nicely summed up both in her hilarious song, “Momisms” set to the tune of the William Tell Overture. Anyone who is a mom, or has a mom, will find something to laugh at in her song.

Last Monday Anita released a new video called “In Tha Muthahood,” a spoof on hip-hop videos. While I am definitely not a hip-hip/rap fan, this video really cracked me up. :p Seeing her dressed in gangsta clothes, including the sloppy, droopy, baggy pants was pretty much a literal lol. (And I never use e-breviations, so you know I found it funny. :) )

And finally a message for moms by Parry Gripp, the man behind such classic songs as “Baby Monkey (Going backwards on a Pig)”, “Pile of Kittens (In My Mind)” and “Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom”.

This is for you mom. :)

Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!

P.S. Parry Gripp also reworked all the lyrics from “Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom” in honor of Mother’s Day. :)

It must have been an EXTREMELY hard rewriting session!

No comments:

Post a Comment