Thursday, May 19, 2011

To the Zoo With Matthew: Part 3

Zoo3 759
Part 1 HERE.
Part 2 HERE.
Zoo3-433_thumb_thumb
For a minute I thought that the flamingos had suddenly learned how to perch in trees. I’ve never seen that before, but it could be possible, I don’t know… :p
Anyway, upon looking closer, I could see that they were actually Scarlet Ibises, Not flamingos.
Zoo3-438_thumb_thumbZoo3-439_thumb_thumb
Zoo3-480_thumb_thumb
Here are the flamingos. Much bigger than an Ibis.
Zoo3-483_thumb_thumbZoo3-493_thumb_thumb
Zoo3-510_thumb_thumb
Zoo3-552_thumb_thumb
There was a peacock on the wall next to the outdoor gorilla exhibit. I could tell he was getting ready to jump so I took a bunch of pictures.
Zoo3-553_thumb_thumbZoo3-554_thumb_thumbZoo3-555_thumb_thumbZoo3-556_thumb_thumb
I wish I would have gotten a better picture of him in flight, but it was still cool that I got one at all! :)
Zoo3-558_thumb_thumb
One of the places we went that I’d never been to before was the lemur islands. They have one exhibit where you are in the exhibit with the lemurs. You are supposed to stay at least five feet away from them though.
Zoo3-559_thumb_thumbZoo3-563_thumb_thumb
These things are LOUD!
Zoo3-576_thumb_thumb
This was my attempt to get some pictures of the fruit bats. It is so hard to get good pictures of them. There is so little light in their exhibit. I tried using the night setting and my monopod to steady the camera, but I only ended up with a couple usable pictures.
Zoo3-591_thumb_thumb
One of the indoor lemurs was warming itself.
Zoo3-596_thumb_thumbZoo3-602_thumb_thumbZoo3-606_thumb_thumbZoo3-607_thumb_thumbZoo3-609_thumb_thumb
This is one place I have never seen any of the peacocks before, up a tree.
Zoo3-619_thumb_thumbZoo3-624_thumb_thumb
These vultures were outside by the prairie dogs. I am not sure if they belong to the zoo, or perhaps one of the prairie dogs… Um… Tunneled his way to heaven… :p I didn’t see an ankle tag on either one like most of the zoo birds wear, but they didn’t seem afraid of me either, so I don’t know.
Zoo3-645_thumb_thumb
This was funny to watch. :)
Zoo3-646_thumb_thumbZoo3-647_thumb_thumbZoo3-648_thumb_thumbZoo3-649_thumb_thumb
Zoo3 657
Part 4 Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment