Monday, February 14, 2011

A Winter Walk

I went for a walk yesterday and of course I brought my camera with me. I ended up getting a few pretty cool shots. I actually used a bunch of them in place of ones I had already taken for my photography assignment.

February 467

February 488

February 491

I was really surprised I got this good of a picture of the moon. Usually they turn out terrible. I think it was probably because this one was taken during the day, so there was enough light that it could take it in a snap, instead of waiting a few milliseconds, and ending up with a bit of vibration, ruining the shot.

February 492

February 507

The fields looked like a frozen wasteland yesterday, but today it’s been so warm that all the snow is melting off. I’m glad I went for a walk when I did!

February 522

I saw these numbers nailed on a bunch of power line poles.

February 525February 527

They would probably keep counting up if I walked far enough. I got too cold though, and turned back when I got to four. I was going to check on the pole before the #2 to see if there was a 1 nailed to it but I forgot. I’ll have to go back and check soon.

February 535February 541

I needed a new picture for facebook. Smile

February 544

I’m a sucker for sunsets. Smile

February 550

Walking back I noticed two trees that kind of looked like an arch, so I walked across the road until I was in a position where the evergreen was perfectly in the center of the arch. And since it was at sunset, the light was awesome for the shot.

February 558

I really liked how the sunset was reflecting in the broken windows of my cousin’s old barn.

February 571

I love my zoom lens! I can’t believe I got this good of a shot of the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment