Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quotes

I have had the same “Favorite Quotes” on my facebook page ever since I started using it. Actually, I’ve had the same quotes from the days even before facebook when I still maintained a Myspace page. So tonight I decided it was time to begin anew. I didn’t want to just get rid of them all though, I thought I would save them on my blog for posterity’s sake. Some are funny, others are just quotes that I found to be very true.

“A fool and his money are soon elected.”
-Will Rogers-

“I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: ‘I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.’ That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic—on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg—or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”
-C.S. Lewis-

"Dear God, I'm sorry for my anger and frustration, but I wanted to thank you for this day. This horrible, awful, hot, sticky, terrible day, in which I have been totally, totally humiliated; because if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have had any day at all. So I thank you. Love, Monica. Amen"
-Monica on Touched by an Angel-

"I claim this planet in the name of Mars! Isn't that lovely?"
-Marvin the Martian in "Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century"-

“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.”
-P.J. O'Rourke-

"Happy Birthday, you thing from another world, you!"
-Porky Pig in "Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century"-

"My dad said I had the IQ of plankton and I was pleased"
-Miss. Evangelista on Doctor Who-

"Nana Possible! You think your lemon squares are 'All That!' But they're not!!!"
-Dr. Drakken on "Kim Possible-

And now, what will I replace them with? Well, I will add to them over time, but for starters, I just bought the DVD Megamind today, and it is PACKED full of hilarious one liners. I’ve picked out two that just crack me up every time I hear them.

“Oh! I’m shaking in my custom baby seal leather boots!”

-Megamind-

“UGH! Girls! Girls! You’re both pretty! Can I go home now?”

-Roxanne Richie in “Megamind”-

I just want to use one, so I’m going with the baby seal leather quote. It’ll go up tonight, and when I hear something else that I just can’t get out of my head, that’s where it will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment