Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Playing With Photoshop

In going through my Wisconsin pictures, I was working on some to use for my photoblog. One in particular I really liked, but I didn’t want to post it there because I thought it could have been a lot better. I really don’t know how to use photoshop very well, but I have figured out a few things I can do in it to make some pictures look better, so I thought I’d see what I could do to this one to improve it.

First of all, here is the original, untouched photo.

May 303

I liked the angle of the trees, but as with most pictures I take, I am not happy with the color. I have a program, that I think came with the computer, that I use to fix all the color issues. After I was done with that, this is what I had.

May 303 (2)

The color is much better, but I was still unhappy with the branches off to the side, and that one stray branch kind of sticking out of the frame on the other side. This is where Photoshop came in. I have found a couple of tools and I used them to the best of my knowledge, which is still very limited, to get rid of all annoyances. This was only possible because it was against the sky. Anything else and I don’t think I could have done this.

Photoshop Experiments2

Would you have been able to tell if I hadn’t shown you?

2 comments:

  1. I had to look at the last two pictures several times before I realized the change. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete