Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It’s not a Monkey!

I don’t have any pictures of monkeys today.
I have pictures of Apes.
It always bugs me to hear people calling an ape a monkey. Did these people not pay attention in science class? They definitely were not fans of the Kratt Brothers. (I owe most of my creature knowledge to the show Kratt’s Creatures) If it has a tail, it is a monkey, if it has NO tail it is an Ape. It especially irks me to be at the zoo and hear parents telling their small, impressionable children “OOOH! Look at the monkey!” whilst pointing to the Gorillas, Orangutans, or Gibbons.
No wonder the country’s in the mess it’s in. Smile with tongue out

ANYWAY…
I got some great pictures of gorillas the last couple of times I went to the zoo.
P.S. I was also a Zoboomafoo fan. Yeah I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment