Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Entrance Day at the Fair

Today I entered my Photos at the fair, I also entered some of my artwork. Altogether I entered 14 items. 10 of those were the photographs that I recently posted about, But I also entered two paintings, a drawing, and the carved mat from my second printing press project. In case you’d like a reminder, or just want to see them again, here are the things I entered.

This one I’ve been planning on entering ever since I painted it. It’s one of my favorite things I’ve done. I put it in the “Other” category, under Mixed Media, because it just has so much in it that Landscape, Seascape, and Animal, don’t quite describe it well enough.

This drawing I hadn’t decided to enter until last week, I decided that even though I didn’t really like doing it when it was assigned to me, it did turn out really well. Plus I put a lot of work into it, so hopefully the judges will be able to tell that. I also put it into the “Other” category, under Pen, Pencil, and Charcoal, because it’s part landscape, part portrait, and part modern art, but just one of those categories isn’t enough to define it.

This was my printing press plate from THIS project. I entered it in the Hobby Craft Department under “Other Art” because I really didn’t know where else to enter it. It’s doubtful that they’ll have a separate category for “Carved Rubber Printing Press Plates” any time soon.

And last, but not least, the very first painting I ever did. I entered this in the Acrylics category under “Seascapes”.

I really hope I win something. I entered 14 items, so I think the odds of me bringing home at least one ribbon are pretty good. :) Tomorrow is the judging. Mom is talking about going in in the morning to watch. Not sure if we will yet or not, but by tomorrow night I’ll know how my entries did. I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment