Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lindsey Stirling

Lindsey Stirling is one of my absolute favorite YouTube artists. She calls herself a Hip-Hop Violinist, and her main thing that she does is compose violin music to play with dance music, and she dances at the same time she plays the violin. At least, she used to do that. I’m sure she hasn’t given it up, but her last three videos have been straight violin music and they have all been so great, I decided to share them. I am not going to turn this blog into another “Entertainment” blog, so don’t expect many posts of just videos like this one, but when I REALLY like something, I’ll share it. And I REALLY like violin music. :)

I haven’t played video games in years, but when I did, one of my all time favorite series of games was “The Legend of Zelda” I love the theme music, and in this first video, Lindsey did an amazing Music Video version of of it, right down to dressing up as the main character, though I don’t recall Link ever using a violin on any of his journeys. :)


The next video is the same song, just not a music video. She filmed herself twice and edited it into a duet with herself playing two different parts.


The last video is a very seasonally appropriate one. Another music video, this time she is playing Silent Night. And it is a very good version of it. These days it seems that anyone who does Silent Night does it any other way BUT silent. I just love this. :)


I know it’s early but, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment