Sunday, December 25, 2011

Creepy Christmas

The older I get, the less I like Santa. I’ve come to view him as just a replacement for Jesus birth as the true meaning of Christmas. Maybe that’s not true for everyone, but it just seems that way to me. I can handle small doses of Santa, I guess. The occasional holiday special, a tasteful Santa decoration here and there don’t bother me too much, but when Santa is overdone, Santa is overdone.

That is why I recoiled in horror the other day when I walked in and found this monstrosity sitting on the floor in our home.

December 029

Urgh! Ugh! BLEAH!!!

A well meaning friend of my mom’s gave it to her as a gift. (We have way too many such gifts from well meaning friends…)

I know some of you are looking at that thing going, “Oh, look! How nice! ‘Tis Fatha’ Christmas!” >Blurck!< I can’t stand the thing. Sadly this is the nicest Santa decoration we have. There are even tackier ones set up elsewhere. I’ll spare you the pictures.

To make myself feel less hateful toward this one, I made him a little sign to hold.

December 026

There we go. MUCH better! :)

December 028

See! It even has a little gnome-hat!

I say that Santa decorations are like the lawn gnomes of winter. Why do people even like them?!

And if mom’s friend ever finds this blog and reads this, know that mom had no part of this post. She appreciates all the gifts she is given. Even if I can’t stand them. :p

December 027

Merry Christmas to all, and to Santa, Bah Humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment