Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Few More Background Sketches

I did a few more sketches today, so I thought I’d share them.
Sketches 020
This one is a bit of a weird one. At first I was going to do a dragon, but then I decided to make it into a reimagining of an Apatosaurus type dinosaur. Sort of like if the Apatosaurus had been what people thought of as dragons. So this dragon has no wings. I call it a Dragonosaurus. Smile I will probably do more actual dinosaurs later on, because I love dinosaurs.
Sketches 021
A Gummy Bear. The best candy ever. Smile with tongue out
Sketches 022
This flower I found on line, and it was labeled a Passion Fruit Flower. It was so cool and unique that I had to draw it.
Sketches 023
Like I said yesterday, I’m a space nerd, so I had to draw another space related picture. This one is a comet. Or an asteroid. Whatever you want it to be. Smile
Sketches 024
I call this little guy my Wee Little Squid. Smile I love all cephalopods. I don’t think I would ever want one of my own, or to ever even touch one, because they’re all slimy and tentacle-y and sort of creepy, but I love them anyway. I don’t know why, I just do. And the little ones are just so cute!
Sketches 025
I was looking for a picture of a hummingbird to draw, when I came across a picture of an innocent little hummingbird sitting on a feeder, looking up at a menacing, but still adorable hummingbird hovering over it like it was going to attack it. So I drew the attacking hummingbird. Because even cute animals can be dangerous. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment