Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Quick Art Post

Okay, I’m pretty busy right now, preparing for Speech class tonight. We have our panel discussion, plus we’re all bringing food, so after I got home from school, I started working on my recipe, which I will post here later, plus I need to put together my notes for the discussion. I decided to do a quick blog post though, because it’s been almost a week since I last did one, plus I actually got some artwork back today. So for this post I am going to post my most recent piece from my Launching the Imagination class.
December '10 005
This piece was from a lesson on perspective. We were supposed to go around the art center till we found a place that we liked that displayed a good sense of perspective, and then we were to accurately recreate that in pencil using a straight edge. I went downstairs and sat at one end of the room outside the main auditorium. I briefly considered going into the auditorium, but I quickly decided against that. It would have been way too time consuming to try and draw in all the seating. It took me long enough just to do this one. It’s hard to tell from this photo, but this is a very large piece of paper. It is much bigger than previous artwork I have posted. That’s why I chose to photograph it instead of scan it. We drew our pictures on newsprint, so it was beginning to tear by the time I was done with it. I got a large piece of butcher paper and taped it to that just to try to reinforce it a bit. It looks a bit tattered around the edges, but it should be fine. I am happy to report that I got a perfect score on this picture.
Anyway, stay tuned, because I have more posts coming soon. I just need to get through the rest of this day first. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment