Saturday, December 11, 2010

The 4 Seasons

I finally got back my painting(s) that I did for my Design 1 class. It was one painting but also 4. We were to paint the four seasons. It wasn’t supposed to be painting a specific scene, we could be as abstract or as detailed as we wanted. I wasn’t very happy with it at first, but after finishing it and setting it aside for awhile, I can say I turned out better than I first thought. Since it was divided into four sections I’ll show the painting as it is, but I also photographed each section individually, so I’ll post those close ups as well.
December '10 024
I was most disappointed with Spring. I just couldn’t get the right mix of colors.
December '10 020
Summer was better, but I wish I could have come up with a better idea. It seems a bit too simple for me.
December '10 021
Fall was quite a bit better. Still not exactly what I was going for, but I was a lot happier with this one than the other two.
December '10 022
Winter turned out the best. What I was going for was a painting of the wind. A violent blizzard-like wind, and it turned out pretty much how I had envisioned it. I was quite happy with it.
December '10 023
It looks a lot like how the weather sounds right now… Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment