Monday, December 20, 2010

Charcoal Drawing

Our next assignment in Drawing one was a drawing in Charcoal. I feel like I just made a mess with mine. I suppose this was appropriate considering that what we were drawing was a mess. Our still life was just a big pile of boxes. So much fun…
8
I did find it interesting that we were also given a piece of white charcoal. I didn’t even know that there was such a thing as white charcoal.
I didn’t have a very good time with the charcoal, but I’ve seen some impressive work done with it. Hopefully if we have another charcoal assignment in Drawing 2 we will be given some tips on how to use it better, and not just be handed the charcoal and paper and told to draw that. I think it could be a good medium, if I knew what I was doing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment