Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chicken, Corn, and Black Bean Soup

Wow! My second recipe post in a week! Yesterday Mom and Dad had to drive to Omaha to pick up Dad’s new pickup truck, so Mom asked me to make supper. I invented this soup loosely based off of Mom’s Chicken Corn Chowder recipe. It was really easy to throw together. If you make this, keep in mind that I made a really big batch, and you’ll probably want to make a few adjustments.

I started by melting one stick of butter in the pot.

December '10 088

Then I added 3 cans of chicken. Do not drain the chicken.

December '10 090

And one diced onion.

December '10 091

Then add one teaspoon of minced garlic and stir it all together.

December '10 092

Mix in one 7 oz. can of green chilies and let all these cook at medium heat while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.

December '10 094

Add two cans of corn. Again, don’t drain them.

December '10 097

Then add two cans of creamed corn,

December '10 096

And two cans of Black Beans.

December '10 098

These I rinse, unless you like all that black syrupy stuff, then be my guest and add that too!

December '10 099

Then add four cups of milk, and mix all this together.

December '10 100

The last ingredient is optional. Tabasco sauce. We all love it, but if you have an aversion to spicy food you can leave it out. I added a little over a tablespoon, but remember, this was a big batch.

December '10 106

I tried to get a shot of me pouring in the tablespoon, but it didn’t turn out. I did get this one really cool shot with a single bead of Tabasco suspended in midair though.

December '10 103

After you’ve mixed everything together, heat to boiling and serve!

December '10 104

It was delicious. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment